Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halloween Display Table

I've shown you my dining room table, all decorated for Autumn

But I wanted to do more.  I worked on the entry table this week.  Here it is!

My daughter and I had a great time painting the pumpkins.  They are simple cardboard pumpkins from Craft Warehouse.  We used about 4 different colors of orange and then painted a metallic shear paint over the top.  Then we painted the stems green.  Accidentally spilled some green on the top of the pumpkin part and decided we liked it, so we did it to all of them.  I fanned metallic paint over the green, where the orange and green meet to give it softness.  I love how it turned out.  
My little wooden pumpkins came from a church activity, years ago.  I couldn't be there so my friend grabbed them and painted the black eyes and crooked smile and triangle noses.  I think they are adorable, but this year, I wanted them to have more personality.  So I painted in the eyes, and added a bit of highlight on the nose.  Then I widened the mouth and painted pink cheeks. I also added eyelashes.  You can see that the eyelashes on the middle sized one gave me fits.  Um- its the smokey eye look! 



 My poor little witch!  She used to have arms.  I can only find one.  lol  I just took it off. 

This witch was supposed to be an Uncle Sam, according to the kit instructions.  Only, I didn't want an Uncle Sam.  I wanted a witch!  I improvised.  Paint, some spooky material and yarn hair, and ta da! It's a witch!



No comments:

Post a Comment