Friday, September 27, 2013

I Love the Holidays

 
 
I love Autumn.  I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.  I love eating yummy food and baking for my friends. But the holiday season has to be about more than the food.  Food takes up too much of our consciousness.  I am concentrating on other ways to celebrate the season.  I've started decorating for Autumn.  It is not as intuitive as I would like it to be.  I look at Pinterest and blogs a lot.  I take the ideas I like and try to make it work with my budget, what I already have and my tastes.  There are so many different ways to do the same thing.  Monochromatic, black and white, whimsical, rustic, elegant.  The hardest part is choosing a direction.  I was at Marshall's. I saw this beautiful, orange, sparkly pumpkin.  My immediate reaction was, "I love that!"  So I bought it.  No more trying to decide on a style.  I am decorating around the pumpkin.  Here is a peek at my dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment