Monday, September 23, 2013

Pinterest Closet V. My Real Closet Episode IX


When I started this part of the blog, I gave myself a challenge. I would try to copy my pinterest closet using only what I had in my real closet.  You may remember that post, if not you can find it here. I am having a lot of fun with this series and I hope you are also.  I think that instead of dreaming and sighing over the cute clothes I don't have, or that I can't wear, I am instead inspired. Inspired to look at what I do have in new and creative ways. It has made me excited to go to my closet.  I feel good about what I have to wear.  However, there are two items that I kept pinning and that I really wanted.  A brown leather jacket and brown riding boots.  Never mind that I have black knee length boots and pink cowboy boots.  Don't even mention that I have black and brown 3/4 length boots.  I didn't have riding boots without a high heel.  How am I supposed to carry kids around in the super cute h-e-e-l-e-d boots?  Seriously!

Okay, it's not a national crisis, but I really wanted the boots.  And the jacket.  The thing is, I found the boots.  I found the boots for less than $50. (Actually, my friend Bri found them for me, but the end result is the same.) You know I had to get them.  So I CHEATED! I'm so ashamed . . . well, actually I'm not.  I love these boots.  They are so cute.  They are comfortable.  They are perfectly, casually stylish.  The Pinterest closet is a jumping off point for inspiration.  But if you have pinned the same pair of boots 10-20 times, you probably really want them.

And yes, I am now searching for the jacket. Not this jacket, but a brown leather jacket.  I'll post the picture of that one when I find it.  lol

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/98/8d/aa/988daa171b0b821c7fcdd4cef17e3801.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I get a lot of the comments for my blog, on my face book page. That is fine because mostly the people who view this blog are my friends. However, sometimes, people who are not yet friends visit this blog. I had a discussion about the boots on facebook that might be helpful to others also.

    It seems that some people feel that they don't look good in boots. I understand. I stand at a whopping 5'2" and I tend to look like an elf if I am not careful. Plus I have red hair, so the whole leprechaun thing is working against me. So I have to find boots a wee bit shorter than the standard knee boot. (Leprechaun humor- wee bit. lol.)

    The main problem I usually have is that running makes my calves large, so I end up having to go up a size in boots. That is not comfortable in the foot area. The ones I bought zip in the back and have some give so they slide up over my calves and I only went up 1/2 size.

    The only way to deal with the problem is to try them on. The ones I bought are Steve Madden. I went up 1/2 size, which is fine because I'm going to wear thicker socks. They fit around my calves beautifully and they are just a bit shorter than most of the boots I tried on.

    ReplyDelete