Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day of Stress Take 2

You know that stress that comes when your child announces that they have a choir concert in 1 hour, and you have other commitments, and the family hasn't eaten yet, and you have already had a full day? Yeah, that stress. Now add to that diabetes and the inability to skip dinner. Ah - you see the dilemma. Luckily everything worked out- except dinner.  I got some dinner on the table, but I used convenience products.  Often when you do that, you trade nutrition for easy. My sugar levels were at 156 two hours after dinner.  That is really high for me. So my goal in the coming days will be to come up with some FAST and HEALTHY diabetic friendly meal plans.

Until then, here is what I ate yesterday. :)

Cold cereal for breakfast. I had it with Almond milk. This has more sugar and carbs than cheerios, but my sugars were still low later, so it was fine.
In fact, my sugars were at 85, so I had a snack.  I kept looking for what I wanted and then found an apple.  I was so excited.  Strange, once again I passed on chocolate, caramel and chips.  Just not appealing any more.

For lunch I added cheese to left-over smashed potatoes and some sour cream.  It was delicious.  I should have added some protein and veggies, but I didn't.  Sugar levels were 79 two hours later.  That is too low.  At this point I should have had a snack, but I got busy and it was close to dinner.  This is not a smart move on my part- but it is the reality of what I did.

Dinner was a hot BBQ chicken sandwich, which yes, did kill my sugar levels. I also had strawberries and salad.  No dressing. I couldn't find one that I felt like eating and I was in a rush, so I ate it plain.

My sugar levels were high, so I couldn't really have a snack, but I was super hungry.  I opted for protein. Some shaved turkey and cheddar cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment