Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Hungry

I'm not gonna lie - Yesterday I was hungry.  That is bound to happen any time you change your diet significantly.  I also added up my calories and noticed that I was way too low.  So I ate and it helped. lol.  I'll take you through yesterday's menu. I'll add another post in which I will add some photos of how I made some of the items that I ate. I bet you're excited right about now. I do know that if I ate more protein I wouldn't be as hungry, I just struggle with that.  I'll get there.

 Whole wheat toast, 2 Tbl. Peanut butter, 1/2 of a 3" banana, and a glass of 1% milk.

Lunch was cottage cheese with mandarin oranges, salad with 1 Tbl. honey mustard dressing, and 3/4 of a fat tomato.  My dog got the other 1/4 because he thinks he needs to eat tomatoes with me.

I forgot snack time after breakfast, which made me feel sluggish and sick, so I did not forget after lunch.  I had 2 big strawberries, 1tsp sour cream, and 1 tsp. brown sugar. I actually only ended up eating half of the sour cream and sugar, but what you see on the plate is a tsp of each.  I think it's okay to have sugar in moderation- so I did.

Dinner looks funny, but it was delicious. I had my standard salad with my favorite honey mustard dressing and some crystal light to drink. The main course is actually spaghetti, but I substituted cabbage for noodles.  Looks weird, but really yummy.


Snack time and I was STARVING!  I had sugar-free chocolate pudding, made with 1% milk and 5 graham cracker sticks.  I was still hungry so I went back for 4 more crackers. 


Even with all this, I was still only at 1000 calories, so I did snack before bed, (so my blood sugar wouldn't drop over night). I had a string cheese and a serving of potato chips dipped in 1 Tbl sour cream.  I probably should have had an apple, but I just wanted something yummy.  Still only 1300 calories and my fasting Blood sugar when I woke up was only 95, so I think I did alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment