Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shakes and Potatoes

Seriously, these potatoes are the best I have had in a very very long time, and there isn't a drop of butter on them.  Yum.  The shake, it is a protein shake, but it is delicious, and my own special twist.  Keeps my blood sugar levels down and me full for a very long time.

















Okay, the shake first.


This is so easy, that it isn't really a recipe.  The Attain, is a Meleluca Product.  It is designed for weight loss, and as full as it keeps me, I imagine it does a really good job.  I am not supposed to be losing weight right now, but I really don't like breakfast, so I compromised.  I looked at the ingredients on the back of the Attain, and guess what? I know what they are, and they all come from FOOD.  Not chemicals- food!  So I use I powder scoop and 1 banana and 1 cup of chocolate silk, (I'm not losing- remember). I add these to a blender and and add 1 cup of crushed ice.  I blend it all up.  It makes 2 and 1/2 servings.  I give the 1/2 to my kiddo, and I eat 2 servings.  Yup, I really do.  It is still only 360 calories for the entire shake, so my share of the calories is about 280.  If you are interested in the Attain- I can get it for you. You can learn more about the company here.




Now for the potatoes.
Clean and boil some red potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are soft inside.

You need some yummy tasting Olive Oil.  Get the good stuff, first cold press, extra virgin.  It isn't much more money, but it is a much better taste.

spread around on your pan.

You will need salt, pepper and your favorite spice. You can use rosemary, basil, garlic, or anything you like.  Lemon pepper would be super yummy.  I used chives.

When the potatoes are fork soft, pull them out of the pan and dry them on a towel. Then put them on the olive oiled pan and smash them.  Yup, grab a cup or potato masher or strong spatula and give 'em a smash.  Ahhhhhh see all the money you save on therapy by cooking?


Once smashed, sprinkle with salt, pepper and your spices. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 20 min.  They are done when they are brown and crispy.

I forgot to take a picture on the pan, but here they are scooped up into a bowl.  You can serve with a little sour cream, but keep butter away from these babies.  They taste fabulous without. Plus, this was you can tell yourself how healthy they really are because you used a healthy fat on them.  ha ha --- watch your portion sizes.  lol



1 comment:

  1. Totally pinning the potatoes....and yes I would be interested in the Attain. I'm looking for a weight loss shake right now -- because I do need to lose weight! :) I'll message you on fb about it.

    ReplyDelete