Thursday, May 24, 2012

Enchilada Casserole

We're making this.  Enchilada Casserole.  Yes, it's yummy.  It did not spike my sugars either. Double win.
This is some of what you will need.


You will also need some tortillas.  I use corn.


and some ground beef, about 1 lb. and some taco mix.  Cook it up exactly like you are making tacos.

Add some cream cheese with the water that you use for the taco mix.

add your beans and some olives

put 1/2 over tortillas that have been laid flat on the bottom of your pan

cover with 1/2 the can of diced tomatoes.  My tomatoes had the green chilis already added.  Otherwise, I would have also added some green chilis to the layer.

Layer on some cheese and some of the green enchilada sauce. Then add another layer of tortillas and do it again. 

crush some of these up.  I had crumbs in the bottom of the bag, so this was a perfect way to use them. you only need 1/2 - 3/4 cup of crushed chips.  Not very many at all.

sprinkle on top

add a tiny bit more cheese if you want.  I didn't because I was keeping the fat and calories down.  In fact I added 1/2 the cheese I normally would, and no one even noticed.  Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 min.  Remove foil and bake for another 10 min. until the cheese and Doritos look fused and crunchy.  
looks yummy huh?  Serve on a bed of lettuce with sour cream.  The lettuce gives it crunch and texture, so I do recommend it. Plus it's healthier and rounds out the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment