Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Log --

Someday I will not have to eat like a diabetic. Instead, I will need to choose to eat like a diabetic.  That is a 'wake-up' thought.  Being forced to eat healthier and choosing to eat healthier, well those are very different mind sets. My goal is to stick with it.  Life long habits, right? Please do share with me ways that you stay motivated to make good food choices.

For now, here is my food log.

This was a tasty breakfast. With Almond Milk, of course.

Sugar free soda.  It is a nice little treat on a hot day. (And yes, I still love grape.)

And a snack after measuring my sugar levels.  Gotta love a cheese stick.

Left over tortellini and salad for lunch.  mmmmnnn. 

My family now begs for smoothies throughout the day- and it is hot, so after a bit of yard work, I give them what they want. :)

Dinner was a bit dull.  Hotdog and steamed veggies. Afterward I also had a handful of chocolate chips.  It was that kind of day.

So at night, my sugars were really really low, at 61, so I opted for one of my favorite treats.  I melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together, and this time I added Nutella and I dipped my banana in it.  It is a naughty treat, but it is possible to make only a small amount.  It is a fast and yummy fondue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment