Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I don't feel like cooking anymore

I think my family is starting to notice that I do not feel like cooking.  It could be the frozen pizza and lasagna or it may be the deli-style sandwiches, but it is becoming obvious.  It is hot and I'm tired.  However, a day or two of that may be okay, but any more than that is not.  So I will be making some yummy Cafe Rio style chicken today.  Only I will be modifying it so that it is diabetic friendly.  If it turns out yummy, I will post the recipe tomorrow.  Until then, here is my daily log.

I think I actually had plain Mini-Wheats, but I had a picture of this box.  They are almost the same in terms of sugar and carb content anyway.

Lunch was 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, ham and melted cheddar, plus some strawberries.

My sugars were only at 68 before lunch, so I had a few of these to help me quickly get my sugars up.
a few crackers for a snack. 

Deli-style sandwich.  It is so filled with veggies, you almost miss the meat. lol.  Turkey, avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, cucumbers, and a little mayo.  Also some cottage cheese and some no sugar added, mandarin oranges.


late night snack was a few chips

dipped in this.  I didn't have dip, but this was better.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the not in the mood to cook! That's why I did Project Dinner. Saved my cake. I was sad when we ate our last frozen dinner....now it's too hot etc. When it cools off, I'm back and cooking and freezing though.

    ReplyDelete