Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Eat Well All Day Long--- And Then the Night Comes

Are you like me?  Do you stick to your eating plan, to the letter, all day- and then 9:00pm rolls around and you blow it? I hate 9:00 pm.  There is something about that time of day that absolutely weakens my resolve and messes up any diet to which I think I am committed.  I can eat fruits and veggies and whole grains all day and feel great!  But at 9:00 pm, I want ice cream or candy.  I don't just want it- I need it.  I have to have it.  If 9:00 pm didn't exist, I would once again be a size 2.  Okay- well maybe that isn't quite true, but 9:00 pm is my weak hour.  The house is quiet, and I can enjoy my treat in peace.  So I have 2 choices.  I can save my daily treat for 9:00 pm. or I can find something constructive to do at 9:00 pm.  I may have to start painting my nails at 9:00 pm daily.  That way, because my nails will be wet, I won't be able to get into any treats.  This is an idea worth thinking about.  Until then . . .

Here is my food log. :)
I think I might like the strawberry flavor even better than chocolate.  I threw in some frozen strawberries, a banana and some coconut milk. mmmmnnn Heaven.

Snack time.

and a little something sweet. I only had one. Yea me!

Lunch.  Okay, so not really really healthy, but filling and fast and I was busy.
another snack. (I was so good yesterday.)



Just before dinner, I was dragging, so another snack.
dinner was stir-fry.  I should have had another helping, but I was too tired to eat.  That came back to bite me later when I was far hungrier than I should have been.  My family loved the stir-fry and it was rather tasty. 

Don't let this innocent looking glass fool you.  It ended up chocolate. :)


Okay so I was on a wheat thins kick.  And I ate almost the whole package of graham crackers.  Anyone want to guess what time it was?

finished up with ice cream. Yeah- it was 9:00 pm


1 comment:

  1. THere must have been something in the air then, last nite. I was on the snack prowl about then as well.

    ReplyDelete