Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Just Want to Eat, What I Want to Eat

I think the hardest part about this lifestyle change is that I feel a little deprived sometimes.  When I am stressed, or bored- mostly bored, I bake.  I make wonderful things; cookies, cakes, scones, muffins, more cookies.  My family loves it.  But I want some.  I have, for the most part, just stopped baking.  I'm super busy right now, so that helps, and I fill up the free time that I do have with exercise.  It is a great trade-off.  However, this few days, I had a little more free time than usual.  I also had hungry kids who were asking for treats.  I tend to think my home made stuff is better for them than store bought, so I baked.  I may be fooling myself with the idea that my treats are healthier, but at least I know exactly what is in each item, so it makes me feel better. Don't burst my bubble with the truth if I am wrong!  I have been living under this assumption for a good long time, and I am comfortable with it. ;) 

Alright.  Here is yesterday's log. :)

Strawberry shake!

turkey and cheese with avocado plus yogurt.

3 candies

lasagna. mmmnnn  I did eat salad too. :)

oatmeal, chocolate chip, orange slice cookies.  I had 3  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think the homemade stuff IS better for you. The big problem is that the homemade stuff is also a lot tastier so I tend to eat WAY more than if it was store-bought junk. Like bread. I don't care much for bread. I don't even take the dinner roll at Thanksgiving because to me it's just filler. But when I make homemade bread I will eat 6 slices slathered with butter before the bread has even cooled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The homemade stuff DOES taste better. It is my biggest problem when it comes to weight loss. I don't really like fast food and I am hard to please with a sit down restaurant too, but home-made, oh yeah, that's good stuff.

      Delete